Traditional Barber Wetshave
A traditional wet shave by a trained professional barber is the height of pampering for lost of men. It’s the ultimate shaving experience – giving you the best shave you’ll ever have.
- Shaving oil is applied. It contains various essential ingredients and is applied with the tips of the fingers in a circular, vigorous motion to ‘raise’ the beard.
- A hot towel is then applied to open skin pores, soften the beard and draw the essential ingredients into the skin.
- A lather of rich shaving cream is then applied using a hot badger hair shaving brush in circular, vigorous movements to once again raise the beard and any ingrown hairs.
- Another hot towel is then applied to warm the shaving cream onto the face and help keep it moist.
- The Towel is removed while still warm and the shaving cream is applied again ready for the shave.
- The first shave is completed using a cutthroat style razor, going with the grain of the beard.
- Another layer of foam is lightly applied with the hot brush so as not to irritate the freshly shaved skin.
- The beard is then shaved against the grain.
- Shaving oil is applied to sooth, soften and cool the skin.